Let’s talk about Google Keep. It has been around for years as one of Google’s apps, but it seems to be taking a shine recently. In the past few months, Google Keep has been receiving some much needed updates to take it from a simple note-taking platform to a syncing notepad that connects to Google Drive.
Google Keep lets you quickly take and save notes, photos, voice memos and checklists.
You are able to access them again on any other web-connected device. The colourful interface benefits as an organizational tool that makes it easy to tell personal notes apart from work-related or project-related notes, and so on. Each note shows you a quick preview of the text, whether it’s a photo, to-do list, single task or saved webpage – not just the subject line. You can organize each to re-prioritize as needed by dragging and dropping to the top.
Let’s take a look at a few of the best features and how to apply them:
- Set Reminders
- Google Keep can create pop-up reminders that will appear in your Google ecosystem. Just click on the reminder icon and set a reminder that will go off at a certain date/time or when you reach a specific location. The reminder will also show up as an item in your Inbox and the Google Calendar phone app – so if it’s not completed right away, it will be waiting in your Inbox until it’s marked as done.
- Search, Archive, and Labels
- Google Keep brings the best features of other Google Apps, like Gmail, into it’s own. Instead of deleting your checklists or photos when you’re finished with them, archive them. Archived items are still searchable if you ever want to find them again. Labels are also searchable. You can attach a label to a note and search within that label later to get every relatable note.
- The Android Home Screen Widget
- Voice to Text
- Ever have a brilliant idea on the run? With Google Keep, you can record a note onto your device and transcribe it into a searchable, editable note.
- Transcribe Text from Image
- Keep has the ability to transcribe text from photos. Just upload an image, click on the three dots in the menu below and select “Grab image text”.
- Collaborate! Share notes with others
Check back every Friday for a new app suggestion from the Business Cloud team.